The Pelican Group Announces Name Change and Expanded Services
The Pelican Group – August 31, 2015
BRADENTON, FL – AUGUST 31, 2015 – John M. Whelan, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Pelican Group (formerly known as O’Meara, Ferguson, Whelan, and Conway, Inc.) announced Monday the adoption of the Company’s new name, The Pelican Group, along with the elevation of Mrs. Sharon Kucia, the Company’s current Executive Vice President and President of the Company’s Mission Advancement Services, to the Pelican Group’s Board of Directors. Mrs. Kucia brings over twenty years of valuable experience in a variety of leadership roles. Mr. Whelan expressed his gratitude for her commitment to and tenure with the firm and looks forward to her continued contributions as the firm expands into new markets. Mr. Whelan also stated that the Company’s new name better represents the firm’s expanding market presence, scope of services, and new client base, including colleges and universities, non-sectarian nonprofits, and for profit organizations in addition to its continued service to the Catholic Church.
The Pelican Group will continue to use its pelican trademark logo. The logo will also include the words Strategy, Development, and Finance, which are the firm’s key areas of expertise. The Pelican Group integrates specifically crafted organizational strategies, fundraising counsel and services, and unmatched access to tested capital financing alternatives for it clients.
The company introduced other changes in its marketing and sales strategies. Frank Ferguson, The Pelican Group’s President stated, “We are extremely grateful for the strong support from our clients and their loyalty over the past 15 years. In return, we look forward to providing the same strong level of dedication and services as we expand and grow to meet these new market demands.”
Since the Pelican Group’s inception in 2000, the firm has:
- Arranged the first, second, third, fifth and sixth largest diocesan capital project financings.
- Served more than 1,500 Catholic and other non-profit organizations.
- Pioneered new strategies to recapitalize Catholic schools.
- Trained an estimated 182,300 volunteers generating over 401,700 pledges.
- Raised nearly $1.0 billion through multiple successful capital campaigns.
- Arranged funding for over $1.0 billion in new Catholic schools, colleges, universities, churches, convents, monasteries, parish centers and outreach programs.
- Strategically advised on over $1.0 billion of debt restructuring/refinancing.
- Facilitated 100 percent tax-exempt funding for the construction of a new monastery.
- Provided strategic counsel and guidance to more than 20 percent of the dioceses in the United States.
- Created new financing strategies to fund priest pension programs.
The Pelican Group, a financial and professional services firm, provides strategic, management, financial, and development counsel and implementation support to Catholic and other nonprofit organizations including dioceses, men’s and women’s religious orders, schools, colleges and universities, and hospitals, as well as for
For more information see The Pelican Group website at: www.thepelicangrp.com or contact Jimmy Lago at email@example.com or at: (703) 889-1100.